Monday, October 24, 2011

Marketing campaign for Bulgarian trains - travel with Bulgarian trains!

Having one of the worst trips ever I learned that one of the scariest things in your life could be being alone in a Bulgarian train at night. First of all, you don’t know who you will sit with. My great neighbour was drinking beer all night long and talking to me even after I told him 15 times that I want to sleep and because of the fact that he was so great, I was afraid to fall asleep, so I had to listen. Next is the complete lack of information. There are no announcements of stations, no “tabels” with the station names, no info about any arrival time (and if you bear in mind that Bulgarian trains are ALWAYS late, it’s even worse), you don’t know whether your station is the last one or if you can wake up in a different part of the country next morning.
In addition to everything mentioned above, I had an experience with Bulgarian train toilet. NEVER go to the toilet in Bulgaria train, especially if you are travelling alone. Being a naive girl who thinks that Bulgarian trains are similar to the old Russian trains I closed the door and next minute realised that I am trapped in a 1 sqm large smelly, loud and cold room, in the middle of the night, alone, with no phone. Trying not to panic too much and thinking what will I do if I have to stay there all night long and miss my flight; I was beating the door with my fists hoping someone will hear me. 10 minutes later I was rescued, but the impressions and emotions I got are priceless and unforgettable. If you feel like you are bored and nothing thrills you in your life any more, forget about extreme sports, travel with Bulgarian trains! A whole marketing campaign could be based on just my impressions J

No comments:

Post a Comment