Friday, September 2, 2011

Loud birds vs partying neighbours

What do you do, when you start hating your neighbours? It's fine to be sleepy in the morning because of the party that you attended the night before, but is it ok to be sleepy because of the neighbours partying every night 2 floors below? Don't think so, however, I really don't know what is the best solution in this kind of situations. In my opinion, calling the police is the last thing to do, as no matter how much you want to sleep, it cannot compare to the problems the other people might have. However, when we had not even a party, just a bit more people than usual having some beers and talking even without any music, our neighbours called the police at 1 am. Now there is a party second night in a row and no one seems to care.
If I would be Bulgarian, probably, I would go downstairs and asked politely to be more quite, however being a foreigner makes is a bit more difficult. Yes, I am sure they speak English, or even may be Russian, however talking to drunk people at 1 am in English might be not the best solution.
Tomorrow I am going to write them a letter... But so far even my earplugs aren't helpful... Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. I’m with you tania,
    Yesterday I did go downstairs (just one floor, not two) a Bulgarian drunk guy opened the door, and he asked me to speak in Bulgarian.
    However I also told him that the previous time we were having "a party" and at 12 they called the police. I wasn’t going to do so, but I asked them to be quiet.
    They didn’t give a fuck about me...
    Fairness??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lali,
    there's no such word as "fairness" here.
    And calling our door at 6 am in the morning is also great. if the good way will not work with them (and it won't, let's not be naive), it is going to be a war..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed!!
    Today I met them on the stairs and I didn't even say my favourite polite bulgarian phrase "leka nosht" to them..
    Asshooole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how they look like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooooo my! What a language! Well people are good and bad everywhere, don't judge them on national basic, it is all human someone to be asshole!

    ReplyDelete