Thursday, September 1, 2011

Office things (good and bad)

Everything cannot be totally perfect. Even in our office there are drawbacks, even though I wouldn't want to say anything bad about it. It just seems rediculously stupid how people are fighting for the chairs. The fact is that there are couple of "better" chairs and the rest are just regular ones. And people are stealing the "better" chairs from each other. And this is not the whole story yet, they are putting the numbers on the chairs to recognise "their" chairs. When I came to the office, I had a "better" chair by defaul, but then someone put a number on it and it doesn't belong to me anymore. The problem is that at 16.30 the two shifts are changing, but for us it is about the time of making follow up calls to the clients. Do you think it's possible to hear anything oer the phone when there are twice as much people as there should be, all of them are talking and the chairs are rolling back and forward? I really don't want it to sound that way, but it's true, even our office is not always perfect.

Another drawback of our office is that Nescafe 3 in 1 is finishing too fast :) But we have a coffee machine, and actually coffee is not the best product for everyday life. Fruits that we have in our office every day for free are way much better. And this is just great!
I feel really bad that I don't know all the people in the office, because someone has a birthday or name day or graduation day or exam passing day every day and they bring candies to celebrate with the colleagues, but I don't even know their names and this is sad, but it's probably impossible to know all the people there after just two months considering that we work in our shift and at our tables, so we don't see many people who work with us and there is always someone new in the office.
Another good thing is that now we have Jonathan with us and not only he's British, but also he worked as an English teacher for one year, so he's consulting us on some words, phrases and even pronounsiation of some words, which is great!
Another good thing about our office is that we are three trainees there. For me this is the first experience of that kind, even though it is my 5th working place. Well, first two were when I was really a teenager, so this doesn't count, but in two other companies (one company and a bank actually) that I worked for I was the only trainee at the moment of my internship there. So at the beginning here it was unusual that three of us are trainees, that three of us are learning and staff, but now I find it great having such girls as my colleagues and roommates.
Probably this is it about the office so far, just one tip for you if you are working in a big company - put your names and serial numbers on everything you want to show you own, otherwise you risk to lose it all.

2 comments:

  1. The numbers, actually, were an idea of the office managers, so they can keep track on who sits on them. Many chairs got broken in the beginning, so I guess that's why they did so. It is annoying indeed, but seems like it is working - no chair fell apart since then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we were't introduced to this system, so I lost my chair in this fight.
    Didn't look at this from this point of view, it has a bit more sence now... :)

    ReplyDelete