Sunday, August 28, 2011

1 year and 8 days

It's been 1 year and 8 days since I left home and went to Sweden for 5 months, then decided to stay in Sweden 4 more months, than went home for a bit and finally I am here in Bulgaria. 1 year and 8 days. But my home is where I am, so I can't say that I miss home, I miss my family and friends, it's true. 
Today I saw pictures of new arrivals in Kristianstad. It feels very strange now, especially after I've seen the picture of the house that I lived in and the window of "my" room was open... I'm wondering who lives in this room now and how are they dealing with the broken window... At least there's no more knoking sounds in the heater and ventilation, that took me 4 months and a lot of nerves to get rid of. (thanks wonderful organization "Krebo", we will NEVER forget you). 
Pictures from activity house from the Welcome party for new students made me remember our trip with my Lara to Kristianstad, how we accidentally bought 1st class tickets for the train, how we almost missed our station and how we thought that the train worker wanted to steal our tickets. Made me remember first days in Sweden and first people we met, how we went to our building with my dear Aida, that I met in Sweden and that became a really close friend to me, how we met three Spanich guys and first days Miguel, Pablo and Guillermo were called "Spanish guy nr 1", "Spanish guy nr 2" and "Spanish guy nr 3", how we met Wojtek and how he had a roommate frog named George. I remember the very first word I learned in Sweden - blå, which means "blue" and is a name of the cheapest beer you can find in a local supermarket. First visit to city center and first party in Bånken that I have almost no memories about :)))))
I really miss Kristianstad now, even though it's not the best place in the world and not even in Sweden, however it is a place that means a lot to me, that keeps a lot of memories on every square metre of the city and that changed me a lot into who I am now. However, it is in the past now and I will probably visit this place one day, since I have some friends left there, but life goes on. 
I heard a question yesterday: "would you like to change your life?" It made me think for less than one minute and the answer is no. I don't want to change my life, but I don't want to stay at the same position - life goes on and it will change by itself. In two months I am going back to Riga, after that - I don't know, even though I am a good organiser and planner, life doesn't follow your plans, only time will show.

No comments:

Post a Comment