Monday, August 15, 2011

Two-day-holiday


Mission for the weekend:

-          To spend time with parents
-          To spend weekend outside of Varna
-          To get tanned
-          To eat pancakes that remind of childhood
-          To find something in the Golden Sands that is exactly like 10 years ago
-          To learn some new Bulgarian words


Mission completed!

In addition to the goals set – Sunday is spent on the roof (9th floor) of the hotel at the pool, sightseeing the surroundings of the Golden Sands. Ten years later my impressions are completely different. When I was here as a child (in 1999 and 2001), I remember completely different place. Everyone was riding “bikes” for 2 or 4 people. There was a cabriolet car going from one end to another with tourists that were filmed to VHS with loud music to show their friends how they spend their vacation here.
Nowadays there are no such things, which impressed me then. This weekend I’ve only seen one or two people working in costumes of animals or cartoons to take pictures with. I have pictures with Flintstones, Alf, Pink Panther and Bags Bunny. However from this weekend I have pictures with Cacadu and some other parrots.
There are no hotels where I’ve been staying before, however some good things remain the same. Pancakes are still tasty and the sand is still golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment