Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Movies

Being addicted to the cinema, in Latvia I used to go to the movies at least once a week. Not talking about visiting 2-3 movies per day once a month when our great cinema (where one guy was shot dead earlier this year) had promotions and you could get to a regular movie for 1,5 euro. We had 4 cinemas in Riga when I was leaving one year ago, I think now it is 5 or may be 6, need to check it.
Being addicted to the cinema I was writing a business plan for a new one in Riga as my course work in university on my first year of studies. I even have my favorite one - called Cinamon and it's situated quite far from the centre, which makes it less attractive for the others and more - for me. Other advantages it includes are the unbelievably comfortable chairs. I have never seen such chairs anywhere else in my life. Last summer I used to come there after work, taking a seat at around 5th row (so that the 5-6 other people in the room are behind me, so I don't see them and I feel like we're alone - just movie and me).
And then... it all changed. I went to Sweden, where the regular ticket was around 10-12 euros, the cinema smalland far away and the website of it totally useless. So for the last year I've been to the cinema 4 times ("Black Swan", "Burlesque", "X-man" and "Hangover II") and I really miss it, that's why the mission I set for myself for the next free day is to go to the cinema and to see everything that they will show me there. (but not more than 3 movies, or it willbe overdose)

No comments:

Post a Comment