Friday, July 8, 2011

Busy days

My eyes are really shutting down now, but I need to share my impressions and experience about the last two days. Firstly, the days are really saturated now. Like really.
Temelko asked me to write about the love and the airports in my post, but I need some inspiration for that, so this what my next post will probably be about. Airports will be just mentioned one more time in this post. Tuesday night I had a status on Facebook, that was saying: “Meeting, greetings, airports. Totally happy.” And I got a comment from Ira, who works at the airport in Riga, asking, how is it possible to be happy about airports. Of course, it was just a joke, but still, finally meeting my dear Despina after almost 2 months made me feel really happy. So the last two days we are a complete team finally, and I need to say that I think that we are good. I mean, I am not the one who can judge how good we are at work, but outside of the office – totally crazy. We already made up lots of nicknames, we’re laughing all the time about stupid stuff and I think people will soon start recognizing us on the streets. For example today we were going to the office and discussing, which excuse should we use if we get late – say that we got lost or that we were fixing our hair, and we couldn’t decide, which one is more stupid. J

The things at work are going pretty well, we’re learning something new every day, like today we had a long, but interesting presentation/discussion about travel industry and rental market, where we tried to predict the changes for future and shared our own experiences. What I mentioned already and will not stop saying is that I really love the atmosphere at the office. And that I don’t feel like a total stranger. Yesterday our colleagues went to play some volleyball in the evening and we were also invited, but Despina was unpacking and Lali was talking to friends, so I went alone, and what I was really surprised about was that I got invited for a walk and a beer afterwards. I am trying to understand Bulgarian, but well, I just probably need to take a book and start learning, but I have no time. Luckily Bulgarian is much closer to me than Swedish, and I’ve even been able to hang out with Swedish people, so there were also some discussions and conversations, in English mostly. 
For example now I know that Valera plays a guitar for a long time, that George prefers listening to live concerts to studio records, that Pavlin is going to finish the project on CRM and start a new one soon, that Galja lives just 2 minutes walking distance from us and gets up 10 minutes before she starts work, that Adrian is actually younger that Valera, even though I thought the opposite, that Petya comes from Kavarna, the city where the Rock festival will take place next weekend, and I finally remember Stefo, who said that we already met like 2 times, but I never remembered him.
It’s difficult to remember all the people when you’re new, but I am trying my best. And today I met the new ones again, as today after work we had some “teambuilding” activity at a really nice place called “Horizon”, where we were just talking, making jokes and trying to find a common language between all of the ones that we speak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment