Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cities, rooms

Cities are live organisms. They live together with all the creatures that they consist of, but they do not die, when they are left alone, they just sleep and wait for their time to come.
It's very important for a person to have a good relationship with the city. Have you ever noticed, that in some cities you feel better, than in the others? That's because of the "alive" factor. It is the same as with people, we cannot have perfect relationships with everyone, sometimes we even cannot explain, why we don't like someone.   That's what cities do. They either like or hate you.
Actually, the first time I really noticed this phenomena was just last year, when we were traveling with my friends and one of them - Lara, really felt like at home in Brussels,  whereas for all others from our company it was just a regular popular city. Then, when I was in Stockholm in March this year, I felt the same. It was the second day of our stay there when I was walking alone in the streets without any particular purpose and started feeling like if I would live here, I could walk on these streets every day.
The opposite side of this phenomena also happened to me in Sweden, when we were in Malmö. The city just didn't like me. All day I tried to find some connection, but I just didn't feel comfortable at all, even though my other friends were trying to convince me that I am just making that up.
This might sound a bit crazy, but only until you feel it yourself. That's why I was really nervous when I was coming to Varna. I was afraid that the city and I will not find the connection and I will not feel comfortable here. But after 1,5 weeks here I must say that my worries were unreasonable. It seems to me that the city and I are doing quite good. I enjoy walking the streets, I love the sea and the beach, I got lost only once and only for 5-10 minutes.
Unfortunately I cannot say the same about my room, even though I really like it, the furniture, the colors, the shape, may be I just need to spend some more time at home, as I am always running somewhere... Because I wake up almost every single night without any reason. Then I fall asleep again, but still it's making me a bit upset.
The human's factor is really important at both old and new places, but no matter how good and friendly people are there around you, there's no way you will feel comfortable, if your surroundings don't like you. Just need to find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment