Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 2

It's +27°C in my room and +48°C on the balcony, I am eating Bulgarian cherries and listening to birds singing. It's my second day in Varna and so far things are going pretty well. The only bad thing is that I haven't seen my dear friend Ivelina yet, but I hope to go to the beach together tomorrow, so it should be perfect then. :)
Yesterday at around 10 p.m. Lali and I were sitting at the beach and just enjoying everything. It was actually only second time for me when I was at the beach at night, and yes, here at 10 p.m. is already dark in summer, which is unusual for me, as in Latvia there are the shortest nights now. There were couple of moments which I cannot describe with words, like when at night I was at the beach and walked near the water, or when I was walking in the city center and suddenly saw the sea. Here I understood that in Riga I live too far from the sea. I need to spend one hour to get to the beach. Here I need like 2 minutes, not more. And it's amazing...
Yesterday was a busy day, I had two planes with half an hour interval, I woke up at 6.30 a.m. and I had really a lot of information at the same time. Today streets finally started making a picture in my head and I started understanding which way I need to go to get where I want, but I still need map to make sure that I am following the right direction. The simplest tip was the one that Lali gave me - if you go up, you go to the center, if you go down, you go to the beach. It's really easy, and it's working :D
So, I am going to explore the city now.

No comments:

Post a Comment