Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 2 ctd.

So the birds are still going crazy, but I hope that I will eventually get used to it, otherwise I will need to wear earplugs to sleep :) And meanwhile I am trying to memorize some words in Bulgarian. It seems easy, especially when I read (although even then some sentences don't make any sense), but when they talk, I can just catch some words that are similar. Well, I will have a lot of practice tomorrow, as we're going to the beach with Ivelina and her friends. Plan for tonight? No plan yet, just to go out to eat somewhere and then we will see.
I'm really happy that I came here on Friday afternoon, as I have weekend to have a look around and then I will start my internship on Monday, otherwise, my thoughts would be too distracted.
Today I had some memories from childhood floating in my mind, like when I saw the "train" near the beach, or when I had my pizza with cheese (which was amazing, by the way - the best pizzas I've ever eaten were in Bulgaria), and there's going to be more. It's really hard to get used to the head thing, I mean that here they turn their heads up-down to say "no" and right-left to say "yes", this is really confusing, especially when you don't know if they're doing it naturally or trying to do it like you are used to, so it's better to say with words "net" and "da".
While I was walking in the afternoon, I ran into Temelko and Damien, well, actually they ran into me, as I was looking around and didn't see anyone, so we had cold coffee and chat and afterwards Temelko showed me a normal supermarket, around 15 minutes from my apartment. Finally I saw a normal store :) By the way, even considering that the prices here are much-much lower, than in Sweden and a bit lower than in Latvia, I already spent a lot of money on "i-don't-know-what", so I need to remember that my scholarship is also lower here :) Also Bulgarian sounds a bit more rough than Russian as they have less vowels in words.
We're all here waiting forward for Despina to arrive, but due to strikes in Greece this might take longer, but we hope for the best.
So, this is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment