Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 5 - International communication

Ice-cold frappe is just the
 right thing after work :)
Did you know that there is a rule in Bulgarian National Bank, that the minimum period of time you can have your account there is 6 months? And that you need to close your account in person? Well I also didn't until today. Stupid bureaucracy. As far as I remember my friend Lara still has an account in Swedish bank, even though she left Sweden in January and isn't going to come back in nearest future. :) Well, at least I have a Bulgarian phone number now.
Also today I finally started doing something useful - answering the clients and searching for the proper keywords for the websites. Of course only after I was fully instructed by my great colleagues Daniel and Temelko ;) It would be boring to describe my working day, as it is only interesting for me, so I'm just gonna say that I met a Russian guy at work today. Not Russian-speaking, but actually Russian, that was kind of nice. Although I speak Russian at work every day.
Another good thing that we did today - we made a table on our white board for writing. It consists of 6 columns, but only 5 of them are filled so far, as Despina is the one who is going to fill in the remaining one. So, you must be curious, what is it about? Well, that's how we are learning languages. As at least 4 of those are used every 5 minutes. So now in addition to English, which we already know, we are learning Russian, Spanish, Bulgarian and French. In just couple of hours we're going to the airport to meet Despina and it will be her first working day tomorrow, so she will add Greek to the table too. This is one of the many-many reasons that I like about my work. We're not only working there 9 to 18, we're also having great conversations, jokes, coffee and learning some useful stuff.
So now I am excited about meeting with Despina, as I haven't seen her since the Check party right before I left Sweden, May 14, and also everyone in the company is asking me about her, so tomorrow there will be a lot of new impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment